Subject: [alpine-user] Shutdown when running in KVM

From: Gareth Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 21:15:14 +0100

Hi,

I've a new installation of Alpine 3.8 installed (sys) on a KVM virtual 
machine.  To be more precise, it's running on Proxmox.

I've installed the ACPI package as well as QEMU-GUEST-AGENT. Both are 
running (after fixing the socket path for the guest agent).

When I attempt to shutdown the VM from Proxmox via the guest-agent, I 
can see the command arriving in /var/log/qemu-ga.log:

1540230489.12501: debug: received EOF
1540230489.112660: debug: read data, count: 104, data: 
{"arguments":{"id":1563201},"execute":"guest-sync-delimited"}{"arguments":{},"execute":"guest-shutdown"}
1540230489.112680: debug: process_event: called
1540230489.112693: debug: processing command
1540230489.112709: debug: sending data, count: 21
1540230489.112723: debug: process_event: called
1540230489.112730: debug: processing command
1540230489.113052: debug: sending data, count: 85
1540230489.113328: debug: received EOF

and in /var/log/messages:

Oct 22 17:50:15 alpine user.info : info: guest-shutdown called, mode: (null)

However, the Alpine guest won't shutdown.  Others (CentOS, Ubuntu) do 
shutdown, so I know it's working in principle.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Gareth

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---