Subject: LXQT problems after apk -v upgrade

From: alistair <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2025 18:33:42 +0000

The LXQT desktop stopped working on my Thinkpad x270 after upgrading 
Alpinelinux 3.23 this afternoon (18 Dec 2025).
Syptoms:
1:) Immediately after the upgrade I could not logout or shutdown the 
unit from the desktop, I had to open a terminal emulator to 'poweroff' 
there.

2:) On restarting the device, it presented the LXQT login screen as 
usual, but would always return to the same after entering my password.

3:) I started a new session (Cntl+Alt+f2) to login.
It accepted my username, but did not respond to entering my password.
It timed out after 60 sec.
I successfully logged in on the second attempt.
(This was consistent over several startups.)

The log '/var/log/apk.log' shows four items of "preupgrade" followed by 
28 items of "main upgrade".
No errors or warnings are shown.

For the moment I have installed the XFCE desktop to help me sort this.

How do I recover the LXQT setup?

Alistair

---

From: CLOVIS SENA DE OLIVEIRA <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2025 08:15:28 -0300

Maybe something is broken, have you tried to reinstall lxqt again?

---

From: alistair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2025 18:16:13 +0000

Thanks for the response.
I did try reinstalling LXQT, but it did not work.
As it is not my main computer, I set it aside while searching for a 
resolution.
A few days ago I performed a system update and upgrade, and this 
returned a functioning LXQT desktop.
Now I need to find a way to get back to the "light mode / theme" that I 
had before.

Regards,
Alistair