From: ~alpine/users <~alpine/users@lists.alpinelinux.org> On Behalf Of Andrey Abramov
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2020 11:31 AM
To: ~alpine/users@lists.alpinelinux.org
Subject: Alpine upgrades on a physical server

Hello!

Is it ok to run alpine on a physical server?
I am talking about upgrades especially - new versions release quite
frequently (and are supported only within a year), so how alpine handles
this kind of upgrades? (I mean 3.12 -> 3.13 -> 3.14 -> ....)

--
With Best Regards,
Andrey Abramov
On Monday, July 13, 2020 9:31:17 AM MDT Andrey Abramov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is it ok to run alpine on a physical server?
> I am talking about upgrades especially - new versions release quite
> frequently (and are supported only within a year), so how alpine handles
> this kind of upgrades? (I mean 3.12 -> 3.13 -> 3.14 -> ....)

I run it on tons of physical servers.

You just do: apk upgrade --available; reboot

Ariadne
Andreas Heil <ah@linux-hq.de>
<463fbea7-fbea-ec30-268a-ad086c9f0e91@linux-hq.de>
In-Reply-To
<364e26c9-9d9f-25ff-64a1-bd5b32e47e73@it-express.ru> (view parent)

I've also running it on a ton of servers and had NEVER had a problem
with it.

I'm just bumping the version in the repositories file with ansible and
after that an 'apk upgrade -U -a' followed by a reboot.

--
Andreas

Am 13.07.20 um 17:31 schrieb Andrey Abramov:
> Hello!
>
> Is it ok to run alpine on a physical server?
> I am talking about upgrades especially - new versions release quite
> frequently (and are supported only within a year), so how alpine
> handles this kind of upgrades? (I mean 3.12 -> 3.13 -> 3.14 -> ....)

Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)