Subject: select version of postgres client to use

From: Jan Kohnert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2023 10:44:23 +0200

Hi,

I'm looking for the "alpine way" to select the postgresql client version to 
use. I have multiple versions installed (PG 12 up to PG 16) for testing 
purposes and like to simply select the version to use. I checked the binaries 
in "/usr/bin" are just symlinks to the binaries in a PG version dependent 
folder.

I was thinking about something comparable to Gentoo's "eselect" tool, but 
could not find anything. I probably just missed the right keywords in my 
search, though...

Thanks in advance!

-- 
MfG Jan

---

From: Jakub Jirutka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 11:33:30 +0200

Hi,

it’s command pg_versions.

Jakub

Sent from mobile phone

> On 6. 10. 2023, at 10:43, Jan Kohnert <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
>

---

From: Jan Kohnert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2023 11:47:03 +0200

Am Freitag, 6. Oktober 2023, 11:33:30 CEST schrieb Jakub Jirutka:
> > I'm looking for the "alpine way" to select the postgresql client version
> > to use.
>

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. :)

-- 
MfG Jan