Subject: [alpine-user] Samba: Winbindd

From: Viktor Trojanovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 17:51:06 +0100

Hi all,

According to the Samba Wiki, "Winbindd is automatically started as a 
child process by the Samba binary on startup and should not be started 
manually".

On my Alpine System with Samba 4.2.1 packages, this is not the case. 
Samba is in my default runlevel but it doesn't start winbindd. There 
also is no init script for winbindd, I have to start it manually.

I was wondering if this is some problem on my system specifically or if 
there is a mistake in the package.

Cheers,
Viktor

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Viktor Trojanovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 18:16:25 +0100

Never mind, I was too quick to post. I just looked at the Samba Init 
Script. The automatic call of Winbindd is just commented out but it's 
there.

Cheers,
Viktor

On 27.10.2015 17:51, Viktor Trojanovic wrote:
> I was wondering if this is some problem on my system specifically or 
> if there is a mistake in the package.
>
> Cheers,
> Viktor
>
>

---