Subject: About CVE-2026-31431 ("Copy Fail") on Alpine

From: Camelia Lavender <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2026 19:37:26 +0200

Hi everyone,

While applying mitigation recommendations for CVE-2026-31431 on several 
machines, I noticed that I wasn't able to run the exploit on Alpine 
systems, even after enabling the algif_aead module.

Did I miss something while trying to run the exploit on my test machine 
(I got a permission error, specifically) or is there something that 
prevents Alpine from being affected? I tried with other setuid binaries, 
such as doas, but did not get results either.

-- 
Sincerely,

Camelia Lavender (she/they)
PGP: 0xDBCC70EFBC360E97

---

From: "palisade" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2026 18:43:50 +0000

see:

https://github.com/theori-io/copy-fail-CVE-2026-31431/issues/4