~alpine/users

6 3

MySQL ODBC driver

Klaasjan Kok <k.j.kok@wiertsema.nl>
<73A095C844B74341873FD1F4ACE6EA3462E75604@ZUSE.feithspark.local>
Hello,

I am wrestling to get a MySQL ODBC driver working on Alpine. I have tried different versions of Alpine, all sorts of libraries, packages et cetera. Is there anyone out there who can instruct me on how to setup a MySQL or MariaDB ODBC driver and get it working?

Thanks!

Regards Klaasjan
PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com>
<CALci+FS0k3CpWip2aVyrfMaDnRudLWinemyf+gZjoH85hP7JuA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<73A095C844B74341873FD1F4ACE6EA3462E75604@ZUSE.feithspark.local> (view parent)
seems you dont read the wiki, puff
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Mysql#Instalation AS I WROTE in the wiki
maybe use
https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/package/edge/testing/x86_64/mariadb-connector-odbc
?
HU?

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

El mié., 14 de oct. de 2020 a la(s) 07:50, Klaasjan Kok (
k.j.kok@wiertsema.nl) escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I am wrestling to get a MySQL ODBC driver working on Alpine. I have tried
> different versions of Alpine, all sorts of libraries, packages et cetera.
> Is there anyone out there who can instruct me on how to setup a MySQL or
> MariaDB ODBC driver and get it working?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards Klaasjan

Paul Zillmann <p.zillmann@h6g.de>
<fde1bc7d-d429-0800-6924-d92e5fe70020@h6g.de>
In-Reply-To
<CALci+FS0k3CpWip2aVyrfMaDnRudLWinemyf+gZjoH85hP7JuA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hey Piccoro,

is this really the choice of words we like to use on a public mailing-list?
Is this really the choice of words you would like to read, next time you
need some help?

I know you can do better.
It shouldn't be an issue to just post a link to the Wikipage.

Please stick to polite interactions, even if you disagree with the type
or content of a question.

Thanks,
- Paul

Am 14.10.20 um 14:40 schrieb PICCORO McKAY Lenz:
> seems you dont read the wiki, puff
> https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Mysql#Instalation AS I WROTE in the
> wiki maybe use
> https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/package/edge/testing/x86_64/mariadb-connector-odbc ?
> HU?
>
> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
>

> El mié., 14 de oct. de 2020 a la(s) 07:50, Klaasjan Kok
> (k.j.kok@wiertsema.nl <k.j.kok@wiertsema.nl>) escribió:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I am wrestling to get a MySQL ODBC driver working on Alpine. I
>     have tried different versions of Alpine, all sorts of libraries,
>     packages et cetera. Is there anyone out there who can instruct me
>     on how to setup a MySQL or MariaDB ODBC driver and get it working?
>
>     Thanks!
>
>     Regards Klaasjan

PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com>
<CALci+FS1gdTTjEyy3aTmX0w4WXOhyc0ZOKJHVLBbngCttDb8Qw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<fde1bc7d-d429-0800-6924-d92e5fe70020@h6g.de> (view parent)
hi paul, was not in an poisoned tone, was in a ironic tone, but i will
clarify something hard here: umm let's see.. if I am poisonous, it's really
funny that the poisonous ones are the ones that contribute more, the wiki
has in 15 days more spam than content, the zabbix packages had in stable
production a blunder (it seems that in 6 months nobody used it? zabbix was
in problems since 3.10!!) and other details more. ...

I learned a very big lesson from the old hackers... and it is that before
going to ask questions we must investigates well first, when I send to the
list, to the irc or to the gitlab something, first I have corroborated it
and I read as I can, because I understand that in alpine there is much work
to do and few collaborators.

this era is called "the information age", but it seems like the age of
misinformation, because it's easier to ask someone busy than just typing
"mysql" into the wiki's search engine and finding the name of the package
which has "odbc" very evident

El mié., 14 de oct. de 2020 a la(s) 11:03, Paul Zillmann (p.zillmann@h6g.de)
escribió:

> Hey Piccoro,
>
> is this really the choice of words we like to use on a public mailing-list?
> Is this really the choice of words you would like to read, next time you
> need some help?
>
> I know you can do better.
> It shouldn't be an issue to just post a link to the Wikipage.
>
> Please stick to polite interactions, even if you disagree with the type or
> content of a question.
>
> Thanks,
> - Paul
>
> Am 14.10.20 um 14:40 schrieb PICCORO McKAY Lenz:
>
> seems you dont read the wiki, puff
> https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Mysql#Instalation AS I WROTE in the
> wiki maybe use
> https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/package/edge/testing/x86_64/mariadb-connector-odbc ?
> HU?
>
> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
>

> El mié., 14 de oct. de 2020 a la(s) 07:50, Klaasjan Kok (
> k.j.kok@wiertsema.nl) escribió:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am wrestling to get a MySQL ODBC driver working on Alpine. I have tried
>> different versions of Alpine, all sorts of libraries, packages et cetera.
>> Is there anyone out there who can instruct me on how to setup a MySQL or
>> MariaDB ODBC driver and get it working?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Regards Klaasjan

<20201015083007.33fc865b@ncopa-desktop.lan>
In-Reply-To
<CALci+FS1gdTTjEyy3aTmX0w4WXOhyc0ZOKJHVLBbngCttDb8Qw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 18:52:22 -0400
PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi paul, was not in an poisoned tone, was in a ironic tone, but i will
> clarify something hard here: umm let's see.. if I am poisonous, it's really
> funny that the poisonous ones are the ones that contribute more,

Hi Piccoro.

I appreciate that you contribute back to the project. Not everyone are
as good doing that. However, I believe that poisonous behavior hurts
the project more than the contributions justifies.

Our goal is to maintain a safe, helpful and *friendly* Alpine community
for everyone, ...

Please be respectful, tolerant and forgiving towards others.

Please avoid foul or abusive language. As cultural standards differ,
what may seem as a very mild statement can be perceived by others as
highly abusive.

https://alpinelinux.org/community/code-of-conduct.html

Thanks!

-nc

> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
>

> El mié., 14 de oct. de 2020 a la(s) 11:03, Paul Zillmann (p.zillmann@h6g.de)
> escribió:
>
> > Hey Piccoro,
> >
> > is this really the choice of words we like to use on a public mailing-list?
> > Is this really the choice of words you would like to read, next time you
> > need some help?
> >
> > I know you can do better.
> > It shouldn't be an issue to just post a link to the Wikipage.
> >
> > Please stick to polite interactions, even if you disagree with the type or
> > content of a question.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > - Paul
> >
> > Am 14.10.20 um 14:40 schrieb PICCORO McKAY Lenz:
> >
> > seems you dont read the wiki, puff
> > https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Mysql#Instalation AS I WROTE in the
> > wiki maybe use
> > https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/package/edge/testing/x86_64/mariadb-connector-odbc ?
> > HU?
> >
> > Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> > http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
> >

> > El mié., 14 de oct. de 2020 a la(s) 07:50, Klaasjan Kok (
> > k.j.kok@wiertsema.nl) escribió:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am wrestling to get a MySQL ODBC driver working on Alpine. I have tried
> >> different versions of Alpine, all sorts of libraries, packages et cetera.
> >> Is there anyone out there who can instruct me on how to setup a MySQL or
> >> MariaDB ODBC driver and get it working?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> Regards Klaasjan

PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com>
<CALci+FQUqHFd8HQddbpk0X=655G_Usj1C-G3r1Yce8wPx36iXw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20201015083007.33fc865b@ncopa-desktop.lan> (view parent)
thanks Natanael, for your words. as i said.. was in an ironic tone not
poisonous one! if you read carefully the previous mail...

El jue., 15 de oct. de 2020 a la(s) 02:00, Natanael Copa (
ncopa@alpinelinux.org) escribió:

> On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 18:52:22 -0400
> PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hi paul, was not in an poisoned tone, was in a ironic tone, but i will
> > clarify something hard here: umm let's see.. if I am poisonous, it's
> really
> > funny that the poisonous ones are the ones that contribute more,
>
> Hi Piccoro.
>
> I appreciate that you contribute back to the project. Not everyone are
> as good doing that. However, I believe that poisonous behavior hurts
> the project more than the contributions justifies.
>
> Our goal is to maintain a safe, helpful and *friendly* Alpine community
> for everyone, ...
>
> Please be respectful, tolerant and forgiving towards others.
>
> Please avoid foul or abusive language. As cultural standards differ,
> what may seem as a very mild statement can be perceived by others as
> highly abusive.
>
> https://alpinelinux.org/community/code-of-conduct.html
>
> Thanks!
>
> -nc
>

> > Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> > http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
> >

> > El mié., 14 de oct. de 2020 a la(s) 11:03, Paul Zillmann (
> p.zillmann@h6g.de)
> > escribió:
> >
> > > Hey Piccoro,
> > >
> > > is this really the choice of words we like to use on a public
> mailing-list?
> > > Is this really the choice of words you would like to read, next time
> you
> > > need some help?
> > >
> > > I know you can do better.
> > > It shouldn't be an issue to just post a link to the Wikipage.
> > >
> > > Please stick to polite interactions, even if you disagree with the
> type or
> > > content of a question.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > - Paul
> > >
> > > Am 14.10.20 um 14:40 schrieb PICCORO McKAY Lenz:
> > >
> > > seems you dont read the wiki, puff
> > > https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Mysql#Instalation AS I WROTE in the
> > > wiki maybe use
> > >
> https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/package/edge/testing/x86_64/mariadb-connector-odbc
> ?
> > > HU?
> > >
> > > Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> > > http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

> tried
> cetera.
> or

<20201016100737.706960df@ncopa-desktop.lan>
In-Reply-To
<CALci+FQUqHFd8HQddbpk0X=655G_Usj1C-G3r1Yce8wPx36iXw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 10:43:49 -0430
PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks Natanael, for your words. as i said.. was in an ironic tone not
> poisonous one! if you read carefully the previous mail...

I ask you to please avoid ironic tone so people don't get offended due
to a misunderstanding.

Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)