Subject: [alpine-user] alpine on orange pi r1

From: "ITwrx.org" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 21:06:31 -0500

hi,

i'm new to alpine and i just received my first arm dev board, the orange
pi r1. http://www.orangepi.org/OrangePiR1/

obviously, alpine looks to be ideal for this use case(firewall, router,
etc), but i'm having trouble getting it installed to the sdcard in a way
that the orange pi will boot it. i've read the tutorial here:

https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/DIY_Fully_working_Alpine_Linux_for_Allwinner_and_Other_ARM_SOCs

, but i'd rather not have to try to compile the kernel, and all of that,
if i can help it. i'm thinking maybe that was written before some of
these arm downloads were available.

i'm hoping i can use the generic arm->armhf download (with a binary
kernel package, etc) and i was trying to install it to the sdcard in
diskless mode starting with the instructions here:
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

but it won't boot. From poking around in the extracted files, it looks
like i'm supposed to write u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin to somewhere on the
sd card, but i also notice that there is no dtb file specifically for
the orange pi r1 in the
boot/dtbs folder.

is there a way to make the orange pi r1 work with the generic arm->armhf
download?
or is compiling the kernel necessary to get the correct dtb for this board?

thanks in advance,

ITwrx

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---