Subject: More information on the downloads page?

From: Unicorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 16:30:33 +0200

Hello,

as a new user of Alpine, I am confused about what the differences 
between different options on the downloads page are. The short text is 
vague and incomplete and I couldn't find any significant further info on 
the wiki, in the docs or in the mailing list archives.

It would be great to have more detail on the downloads page, or a 
wiki/doc page detailing the differences. Especially the difference 
between "Standard" and "Extended" would be great to know, since I have 
heard that eg. ZFS is only possible with "Extended" (Please correct me 
if I am wrong).

I have also seen a previous (though unanswered) thread where somebody 
was asking about the difference between the "Raspberry Pi" and "Generic 
ARM" images during my search for more information. Especially the "And 
much more..." in the RPi image description leaves me with a lot of 
question marks. 😅

If I am not missing something completely obvious, I think this 
information is significant enough that it should be clearly listed 
somewhere. If it is somewhere, it would be cool to have it more 
accessible, ideally linked right from the downloads page. Thank you!

Best,
Unicorn