~alpine/users

3 2

List installed packages by repository?

<8619cc32441a147f7b84865df0f2f17a@tower-net.de>
Hello,

is there a way to find out from which repository a package got installed
in the system?

I've a Docker image where edge is added to repositories.
Now I'd like to see if there has been installed anything from edge in
this image.

Thanks
Konstantin Kulikov <k.kulikov2@gmail.com>
<CAD+eXGSzUf3cHB=-niKJKG8p-a+qNjSW7VMvkzTbjXiv+WYAvA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<8619cc32441a147f7b84865df0f2f17a@tower-net.de> (view parent)
apk policy $(cat /etc/apk/world)

On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 4:31 PM Markus Kolb
<alpinelinux+usersml@tower-net.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there a way to find out from which repository a package got installed
> in the system?
>
> I've a Docker image where edge is added to repositories.
> Now I'd like to see if there has been installed anything from edge in
> this image.
>
> Thanks
<2778DCF7-578A-4C89-8ABD-2097EC778716@tower-net.de>
In-Reply-To
<CAD+eXGSzUf3cHB=-niKJKG8p-a+qNjSW7VMvkzTbjXiv+WYAvA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Am 9. Juni 2022 14:33:22 UTC schrieb Konstantin Kulikov <k.kulikov2@gmail.com>:
>apk policy $(cat /etc/apk/world)
>
>On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 4:31 PM Markus Kolb
><alpinelinux+usersml@tower-net.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> is there a way to find out from which repository a package got installed
>> in the system?
>>
>> I've a Docker image where edge is added to repositories.
>> Now I'd like to see if there has been installed anything from edge in
>> this image.
>>
>> Thanks

This outputs not the repository where the package got downloaded and installed from.
It simply looks up package name in cached repositories and lists the found version in cached repository.
So to say, if I change repository version from v3.15 to v3.16 this lists higher versions of the packages and says it is available in v3.16-repo, but I don't know if the currently installed package got installed from v3.14, 3.15, 3.16, edge or whatever.
Konstantin Kulikov <k.kulikov2@gmail.com>
<CAD+eXGTMYHF1XutuBRMDg8jpNngUnr1atrW_3=0xkyAZM-ZBPA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<2778DCF7-578A-4C89-8ABD-2097EC778716@tower-net.de> (view parent)
I don't think packages have repo metadata recorded in them. I also
don't see such data recorded in /lib/apk/db/installed.
How about disabling edge repo and running apk update && apk upgrade -a
--simulate, then inspecting what gets downgraded?

On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 6:06 PM Markus Kolb
<alpinelinux+usersml@tower-net.de> wrote:

> Am 9. Juni 2022 14:33:22 UTC schrieb Konstantin Kulikov <k.kulikov2@gmail.com>:
>>
>> apk policy $(cat /etc/apk/world)
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 4:31 PM Markus Kolb
>> <alpinelinux+usersml@tower-net.de> wrote:
>>>

>>>  Hello,
>>>
>>>  is there a way to find out from which repository a package got installed
>>>  in the system?
>>>
>>>  I've a Docker image where edge is added to repositories.
>>>  Now I'd like to see if there has been installed anything from edge in
>>>  this image.
>>>
>>>  Thanks
>

> This outputs not the repository where the package got downloaded and installed from.
> It simply looks up package name in cached repositories and lists the found version in cached repository.
> So to say, if I change repository version from v3.15 to v3.16 this lists higher versions of the packages and says it is available in v3.16-repo, but I don't know if the currently installed package got installed from v3.14, 3.15, 3.16, edge or whatever.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)