Subject: USB Mouse not working under wayland

From: Jon Fineman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2024 18:48:43 -0400

Do I have to adjust any settings to get an external USB mouse working?
The trackpad on the laptop works fine.

I have tried under Wayland using sway and labwc. The mouse LED lights up
but the pointer won't move and the buttons don't cause any
actions. I tried two mice and they work on my desktop. I also tried
different USB ports.

My setup:
Laptop: Acer A315-21

Linux 6.6.42-0-lts #1-Alpine SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC 2024-07-25 10:49:31 x86_64 Linux

wayland-1.22.0-r4

sway version 1.9

labwc 0.7.2

Dmesg of mice:
[3059144.214940] usb 1-3: new low-speed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd
[3059144.387589] usb 1-3: New USB device found, idVendor=04f2, idProduct=0939, bcdDevice= 1.00
[3059144.387604] usb 1-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[3059144.387610] usb 1-3: Product: USB Optical Mouse
[3059144.387614] usb 1-3: Manufacturer: PixArt
[3059194.663764] usb 1-3: USB disconnect, device number 2

[3059282.394895] usb 1-3: new low-speed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd
[3059282.564688] usb 1-3: New USB device found, idVendor=17ef, idProduct=600e, bcdDevice= 1.00
[3059282.564728] usb 1-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[3059282.564734] usb 1-3: Product: Lenovo Optical Mouse
[3059289.699909] usb 1-3: USB disconnect, device number 3