Subject: getting binaries of previous packages (python 2.7)

From: Riccardo Mottola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 00:55:04 +0200

Hi,

I need to install python 2.7 on my laptop, since it is used for building 
certain browsers.

I know it still runs, since on another system which I upgraded, it is 
still there and still runs, but is not available for 3.16 anymore.

3.15 had it:
https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/package/v3.15/community/x86/python2

is there a way to e.g. download the binary and install it by hand?

Riccardo

---

From: Konstantin Kulikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 02:38:34 +0300

Alpine packages are tar.gz archives you can download them from any
mirror, check your /etc/apk/repositories for exact urls.

I'd probably install previous alpine release in a chroot though,
something like this:

apk add --root ~/alp-3.15 --initdb --allow-untrusted --repository
https://mirror.yandex.ru/mirrors/alpine/v3.15/main alpine-base
chroot ~/alp-3.15 /bin/sh

You can also use tools like unshare and bwrap to install and chroot
without root rights.