~alpine/users

2 2

[alpine-user] download & certificate error

<9171671560661391@iva8-3b901672a9c5.qloud-c.yandex.net>
Hello, I'm getting this error when trying to download:
--------------
Cannot establish a secure connection
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

net::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
--------------
Is this an error with your site or on my end? I'm on Ubuntu 18.04 and using Yandex browser.
Thanks,
Sam
<7f069c6d-7db4-e14f-c3a6-a9a407df8b08@miosweb.mooo.com>
In-Reply-To
<9171671560661391@iva8-3b901672a9c5.qloud-c.yandex.net> (view parent)
Hey,

Which link have you used for downloading ?
I've tried now the x86_64 "Standard" from this page :
https://alpinelinux.org/downloads/ , and everything if fine.
And I can see the certificate issuer is Let's Encrypt

Is it better today for you today ? May be a DNS issue or browser issue ?
A browser addon doing something wrong ? Have you another browser to test ?

Paul Zillmann <p.zillmann@h6g.de>
<c0f6f12b-bea5-2959-2513-6990c03a2743@h6g.de>
In-Reply-To
<9171671560661391@iva8-3b901672a9c5.qloud-c.yandex.net> (view parent)
Hello Sam,

the dl-cdn is handled by fastly-CDN which doesn't provide any
certificate matching the URL.
Usually those links get shared without TLS.

Other mirrors have working TLS, e.g.: nl.alpinelinux.org - the full list
of Mirrors you may find at [1]

If you want to download any ISO please have a look at [2].
I guess you have a browser plugin which always uses the TLS variant of
an URL.

1: https://nl.alpinelinux.org/alpine/MIRRORS.txt
2: https://nl.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.9/releases/

- Paul