Subject: [Wiki] Question about proper styling

From: "Erazem Kokot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 12:34:41 +0100

Hi,

I've been editing a few Wiki pages today (new user) and I came across
"Alpine newbie apk packages" [0].
I edited it, getting used to the formatting (<pre> and such),
but when I checked the Templates, it seems Cmd or Codeline might be
better for the specific part of the article.

So my questions are:

1. Should I use the proposed templates or is there a reason for the
article using <pre> ?
2. Can I propose the article name be changed to something like "General
recommendations" - as it is on the Arch Wiki, or "Post-installation
recommendations" ?
3. Is there a guideline for heading sizes:
	the "Network configuration" part uses '=====',
	while '==' should be enough.
4. Is help still needed for "Developing style, formatting, ..." as
listed on the wiki and who can I contact about helping there?

Thanks for the replies.

Regards,
Erazem K.

---
[0] https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Alpine_newbie_apk_packages

---

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 08:02:33 -0430

I am the editor of those pages, and considering they are the only pages
with information coordinated and property sequenced (since the whole wiki
is a mess of scattered pages) I will clarify many things:

1. The whole website has no order, actually until I made those pages there
was no sequence for new users, there is only the installation sequence that
seems more for experts, taking into account that the two most used programs
in that field (apk and setup-install and their partners) are poorly
documented
2. 90% of all pages have out-of-date and "in-progress" information that is
never fully progressed.
3. *I don't use the format because noting all these defects, it doesn't
make sense to use something that will change in the future or won't have
continuity so I used something that was 100% portable between systems or
wiki migrations.*

The writing is missing a lot, it's because I'm doing the base documentation
with a Russian and a Spanish person, and it's difficult to coordinate both
languages, for example how should be the things we compare these two pages:

https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Production_Web_server:_Lighttpd

agains that:

https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Lighttpd

*this lasted is very brief, vague and undocumented, seems you have some
interest in make something good, then i proposed coordinate with me, but
there's a problem:*

*wikimedia are a mess due many information will must be duplicated.. so i
stop to make some redacction (and only pust now production made ones) due
redmine can re-use parts of wiki, reduciong the time writing work*

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com