Subject: [alpine-user] Building OpenJDK8 myself on Alpine Linux

From: Frieder Berthold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 15:52:47 +0100

Hey to all,

while asking something on the musl Mailinglist I got some answers from
Alpine guys, which pointed me to his distro.

I would like to use it for my use case, but before I invest quite some time
I will ask it here and hopefully you can help me with some information:

I want to build OpenJDK8 with musl. On an Ubuntu system with glibc this is
rather complicated so I would like to switch to Alpine to do this. To make
it more complicated: I will also modify some of the source code for the
rt.jar, so I need to build it on my own and therefore cannot use the
prebuild packages. And eve more: In the end, it has to run on a Ubuntu
x86_64.

So my question is:
Is there not only the package of the prebuilds but also he source package
with all the patches for musl?
And do you see a reason why a rt.jar build on Alpine might not run on a
Ubuntu where musl libc is present?

I hope I could phrase my questions comprehensibly.

Regards
Frieder

---

From: Frieder Berthold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:30:35 +0100

Should I rather ask it on IRC than here?:-)

2015-11-20 15:52 GMT+01:00 Frieder Berthold <[email-masked]
>:

> I would like to use it for my use case, but before I invest quite some
> time I will ask it here and hopefully you can help me with some information:
>