Subject: [alpine-user] Trying to install mongodb-3.6.3-r2

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 10:37:52 +0200

Hi,

i struggle how to install mongodb-3.6:

alpsrv:~# apk add mongodb@edgecommunity=3.6.3-r2
ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
  boost-program_options-1.66.0-r0:
    masked in: @edge
    satisfies: world[boost-program_options]
mongodb-3.6.3-r2[so:libboost_program_options-mt.so.1.66.0]
  boost-system-1.66.0-r0:
    masked in: @edge
    satisfies: mongodb-3.6.3-r2[so:libboost_system-mt.so.1.66.0]
boost-filesystem-1.66.0-r0[so:libboost_system-mt.so.1.66.0]
boost-filesystem-1.66.0-r0[so:libboost_system.so.1.66.0]
  boost-filesystem-1.66.0-r0:
    masked in: @edge
    satisfies: mongodb-3.6.3-r2[so:libboost_filesystem-mt.so.1.66.0]
  boost-iostreams-1.66.0-r0:
    masked in: @edge
    satisfies: mongodb-3.6.3-r2[so:libboost_iostreams-mt.so.1.66.0]

Or:
alpsrv:~# apk add mongodb@edge=3.6.3-r2
ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
  yaml-cpp-0.6.2-r0:
    masked in: @edgecommunity
    satisfies: world[yaml-cpp] mongodb-3.6.3-r2[so:libyaml-cpp.so.0.6]
  mongodb-3.6.3-r2:
    masked in: @edgecommunity
    satisfies: world[mongodb=3.6.3-r2]

My "/etc/apk/repositories":

###
http://mirror.leaseweb.com/alpine/v3.7/main
http://mirror.leaseweb.com/alpine/v3.7/community
@edge http://mirror.leaseweb.com/alpine/edge/main
@edgecommunity http://mirror.leaseweb.com/alpine/edge/community
@testing http://mirror.leaseweb.com/alpine/edge/testing
###

It seems to be are dependencies betweet edge and edgecommunity and there es
now way to resolve that blocker by "mixing" both (i understand why is
mixing not a good idea, but in this case maybe)?

What is the best practise way to install mongodb.3.6?

Thank you for your Help.

---

From: Cág <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 09:09:24 +0000

> What is the best practise way to install mongodb.3.6?

Why all of these shenanigans? Just "apk add mongodb".

--
caóc

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 13:31:47 +0200

Hi,

> Why all of these shenanigans? Just "apk add mongodb".

That installed mongodb in version 3.4 but i need it in 3.6.

Best regards,

Norbert

---

From: Cág <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 11:55:56 +0000

> That installed mongodb in version 3.4 but i need it in 3.6.

Then comment v3.7 lines, run "apk update", and "apk add mongodb" or "apk
upgrade". It should've worked without commenting them out, after "apk
update".

Also, main and community are different repositories that don't have
same packages of different versions.

--
caóc

---

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 15:10:40 +0200

Hi,

> upgrade". It should've worked without commenting them out, after "apk

Ok, but it looks not good:

alpsrv:~# apk add mongodb
ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
  boost-program_options-1.66.0-r0:
    masked in: @edge
    satisfies: world[boost-program_options]
mongodb-3.6.3-r2[so:libboost_program_options-mt.so.1.66.0]
  boost-system-1.66.0-r0:
    masked in: @edge
    satisfies: mongodb-3.6.3-r2[so:libboost_system-mt.so.1.66.0]
boost-filesystem-1.66.0-r0[so:libboost_system-mt.so.1.66.0]
boost-filesystem-1.66.0-r0[so:libboost_system.so.1.66.0]
  boost-filesystem-1.66.0-r0:
    masked in: @edge
    satisfies: mongodb-3.6.3-r2[so:libboost_filesystem-mt.so.1.66.0]
  boost-iostreams-1.66.0-r0:
    masked in: @edge
    satisfies: mongodb-3.6.3-r2[so:libboost_iostreams-mt.so.1.66.0]
  libpcrecpp-8.42-r0:
    masked in: @edge
    satisfies: mongodb-3.6.3-r2[so:libpcrecpp.so.0]
  db-5.3.28-r0:
    masked in: @edge
    satisfies: libsasl-2.1.26-r13[so:libdb-5.3.so]
  libsasl-2.1.26-r13:
    masked in: @edge
    satisfies: mongodb-3.6.3-r2[so:libsasl2.so.3]
  snappy-1.1.4-r3:
    masked in: @edge
    satisfies: mongodb-3.6.3-r2[so:libsnappy.so.1]
wiredtiger-libs-2.9.3.3.6.1-r0[so:libsnappy.so.1]
  wiredtiger-libs-2.9.3.3.6.1-r0:
    masked in: @edgecommunity
    satisfies: mongodb-3.6.3-r2[so:libwiredtiger.so.0]
  yaml-cpp-0.6.2-r0:
    masked in: @edgecommunity
    satisfies: world[yaml-cpp] mongodb-3.6.3-r2[so:libyaml-cpp.so.0.6]
  mongodb-3.6.3-r2:
    masked in: @edgecommunity
    satisfies: world[mongodb]

Thank you an best regards,

Norbert

---

From: Cág <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 13:22:41 +0000

> Ok, but it looks not good:

You want to unpin the repositories - remove @edge @testing etc. from the
beginning of the lines, so it becomes

http://mirror.leaseweb.com/alpine/edge/main

instead of

and so on.

--
caóc

---