Subject: [alpine-user] Upgrade Issue

From: Andrew Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 10:52:10 -0400

Hi,

I encountered an issue when upgrading to 3.10:

(85/214) Installing proj-datumgrid (6.1.0-r4)
ERROR: proj-datumgrid-6.1.0-r4: trying to overwrite usr/share/proj/null
owned by proj4-5.2.0-r0.
ERROR: proj-datumgrid-6.1.0-r4: trying to overwrite usr/share/proj/CH owned
by proj4-5.2.0-r0.
ERROR: proj-datumgrid-6.1.0-r4: trying to overwrite usr/share/proj/nad.lst
owned by proj4-5.2.0-r0.
ERROR: proj-datumgrid-6.1.0-r4: trying to overwrite usr/share/proj/GL27
owned by proj4-5.2.0-r0.
ERROR: proj-datumgrid-6.1.0-r4: trying to overwrite usr/share/proj/ITRF2008
owned by proj4-5.2.0-r0.
ERROR: proj-datumgrid-6.1.0-r4: trying to overwrite usr/share/proj/nad83
owned by proj4-5.2.0-r0.
ERROR: proj-datumgrid-6.1.0-r4: trying to overwrite usr/share/proj/ITRF2014
owned by proj4-5.2.0-r0.
ERROR: proj-datumgrid-6.1.0-r4: trying to overwrite usr/share/proj/ITRF2000
owned by proj4-5.2.0-r0.
ERROR: proj-datumgrid-6.1.0-r4: trying to overwrite usr/share/proj/nad27
owned by proj4-5.2.0-r0.
ERROR: proj-datumgrid-6.1.0-r4: trying to overwrite
usr/share/proj/other.extra owned by proj4-5.2.0-r0.
ERROR: proj-datumgrid-6.1.0-r4: trying to overwrite usr/share/proj/world
owned by proj4-5.2.0-r0.
(86/214) Installing proj (6.1.0-r4)

The next version of proj was installed after the upgrade tried to install
the proj-datumgrid package, which seemed to fail due to the old proj
package still being around.

I would like to have proj-datumgrid updated.  I tried:

master $ .s apk add --force proj-datumgrid
1 error; 1410 MiB in 291 packages

It doesn't tell me what the error is.

Suggestions appreciated,

-- 
Andrew Bell
[email-masked]

---

From: Jeff Bilyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 11:34:33 -0400

Does apk fix --reinstall clear up the issue?

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 10:52 AM Andrew Bell <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> ERROR: proj-datumgrid-6.1.0-r4: trying to overwrite usr/share/proj/CH
> owned by proj4-5.2.0-r0.
> usr/share/proj/ITRF2008 owned by proj4-5.2.0-r0.
> usr/share/proj/ITRF2014 owned by proj4-5.2.0-r0.
> usr/share/proj/ITRF2000 owned by proj4-5.2.0-r0.

-- 
Jeff

---

From: Andrew Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 12:56:12 -0400

> Does apk fix --reinstall clear up the issue?

Don't know.  I managed to get going.

I think the problem is that the proj package used to be called proj.4.  It
was changed to just proj.  So when the upgrade occurred, it wasn't clear
that proj.4 needed to be removed prior to installing proj and
proj-datumgrid.  After I explicitly removed proj.4, I could install
proj-datumgrid.

Thanks,

>> usr/share/proj/nad.lst owned by proj4-5.2.0-r0.

-- 
Andrew Bell
[email-masked]