Subject: [alpine-user] apk-install behind proxy

From: Manuel Holzleitner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 14:58:54 +0100

Hello,

I would like to know if the apk-tools (i.e. apk-install) respect the
http_proxy/https_proxy environment variables?

I get the following error:
fetch http://dl-4.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.1/main/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
ERROR: http://dl-4.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.1/main: IO ERROR
WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.689bb31a.tar.gz: No such file or directory

This looks like the http request is not issues through the proxy, even
though the environment variables are configured. A "wget www.google.com" on
the other hand, works just fine by connecting to through the proxy as
expected.

In case the apk-tools do not respect these environment variables, is there
any other way to configure proxy settings?

Kind Regards,
Manuel

---

From: Jeff Bilyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 10:09:40 -0400

Yes, it respects http_proxy.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Manuel Holzleitner <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> though the environment variables are configured. A "wget www.google.com"
> on the other hand, works just fine by connecting to through the proxy as
> expected.
>

-- 
Jeff