Subject: [alpine-user] Netflix

From: Gary S <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 01:10:19 +0100

Does anyone have Netflix on Alpine?

I have glibc applications running with alsa and X as root within an Arch
chroot and have a Void chroot which will run X and alsa as a non-root user,
with setpriv.

I have not been able to start Firefox or Chrom/ium within either chroot.

The first part is does anyone have Firefox/Chrom/ium working with audio & X
i a chroot....

but I'm really just wanting to watch One Punch Man on Netflix

---

From: Daniel Isaksen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 08:23:43 +0200

I assume you're looking for the Widewine module? Or are you just unable to
chroot Chromium in a glibc environment?

Netflix does not run on Chromium because it lacks the DRM features of
regular, proprietary Chrome. I believe the same applies to most other
browsers, if not all.

-----
Sincerely / Med vennlig hilsen,
Daniel Isaksen <[email-masked]> (https://duniel.no)

On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 2:10 AM, Gary S <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The first part is does anyone have Firefox/Chrom/ium working with audio &
> X i a chroot....
>