Subject: [alpine-user] Missing libcrypto1.1 in edge?

From: James Osborne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 18:42:01 +0000

Hi,

I'm building a Docker image that requires ntpsec. This build used to work
(last successful build was 02/10/2018 although it isn't an image I
regularly build), but today I get the following new error. It looks like
libcrypto1.1 is missing. I added that as an explicit install per below but
that hasn't helped. The build log for the library is giving a 404. Does
anyone have an idea what's wrong?

Thanks,
James

Step 9/9 : RUN apk --repository
http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/testing         --no-cache add
libcrypto1.1 ntpsec
 ---> Running in 5b147abdfec9
fetch
http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/testing/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.8/main/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
fetch
http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.8/community/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
  libcrypto1.1 (missing):
    required by: world[libcrypto1.1]
  so:libcrypto.so.1.1 (missing):
    required by:
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]
                 ntpsec-1.1.1-r2[so:libcrypto.so.1.1]

---

From: James Osborne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 18:57:23 +0000

And of course, moments after posting, I think I've found the answer. Looks
like libcrypto1.1 is in edge/main, whereas ntpsec is in edge/testing. Has
this changed recently? Like I mentioned, the build used to work just fine.
How can one keep abreast of package changes like this (if indeed that is
the issue here?)

Thanks

On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 at 18:42, James Osborne <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.8/main/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
> fetch