Subject: [alpine-user] Alpine 3.9.1 setup fails

From: Joe Duarte <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 16:51:42 -0800

Hi all,

I've tried running the new release (3.9.1), using both the virt and
standard builds, and get the same error messages during setup.

The errors happen in response to the setup-alpine command on first boot.
First it gives an error that openssl is missing. Then another error says
"can't cd to //usr/share/bkeymaps: No such file or directory"

I'm running them in Hyper-V.

Any ideas? Has anyone been able to setup 3.9.1?

Thanks,

Joe Duarte

---

From: Gareth Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 10:19:07 +0000

Hi,

I managed to install by carrying out the following:

Configure networking with `setup-networking`

Configure DNS with `setup-dns`

Start network with `ifup eth0` (assuming your interface is eth0)

Configure repositories with `setup-apkrepos`

Check that works with `apk update` - it should tell you it has approx 
9000 packages

Run `setup-alpine` and follow the prompts.   Much of what it will ask 
will have been configured above.

After this, it should work.

Good luck!

Gareth

On 04/03/2019 00:51, Joe Duarte wrote:
> The errors happen in response to the setup-alpine command on first 
> boot. First it gives an error that openssl is missing. Then another 
> error says "can't cd to //usr/share/bkeymaps: No such file or directory"
>

---

From: Gareth Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 16:24:47 +0000

Hi Joe,

It's now fixed by release 3.9.2 which is available for download.

Kind regards,

Gareth

---

From: Daniel Kulesz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 20:03:26 +0100

Hi,

I had the same issue and I am happy to confirm that I did not experience it anymore in 3.9.2 - many thanks for fixing this.

Cheers, Daniel

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 16:24:47 +0000

> > Any ideas? Has anyone been able to setup 3.9.1?

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---