~alpine/users

1

msmtpd startup setup?

<CAGBhwiKL_t1SaYd-a13rRU9QeXosJCPpDGpb_c--o=Rqa408rA@mail.gmail.com>
I saw msmtp mentioned some time ago on this mailing list for setting
up local mail on Alpine. I'm finding that it works really nicely, is
light and cooperates with Gmail and other SMTP services perfectly.

Its msmtpd service is really nice, but the Wiki is lacking
instructions on how to set it up in init.d:
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Relay_email_to_gmail_(msmtp,_mailx,_sendmail

Could someone please elaborate on how to set msmtpd to start up with
the system at boot and to run it on a specific port?

I can run it fine like this: msmtpd --interface=172.17.0.1 --port=26&

But I'm finding I have to start it manually each time I reboot the system.
Konstantin Kulikov <k.kulikov2@gmail.com>
<e7ceb9c5-b27d-0b26-3400-eb70d89cabbe@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAGBhwiKL_t1SaYd-a13rRU9QeXosJCPpDGpb_c--o=Rqa408rA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On 12/8/19 12:00 AM, BZ wrote:
> I saw msmtp mentioned some time ago on this mailing list for setting
> up local mail on Alpine. I'm finding that it works really nicely, is
> light and cooperates with Gmail and other SMTP services perfectly.
>
> Its msmtpd service is really nice, but the Wiki is lacking
> instructions on how to set it up in init.d:
> https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Relay_email_to_gmail_(msmtp,_mailx,_sendmail
>
> Could someone please elaborate on how to set msmtpd to start up with
> the system at boot and to run it on a specific port?
>
> I can run it fine like this: msmtpd --interface=172.17.0.1 --port=26&
>
> But I'm finding I have to start it manually each time I reboot the system.

Looks like msmtp package comes without init.d script. Check out
https://github.com/OpenRC/openrc service-script-guide.md,
supervise-daemon-guide.md, user-guide.md and man pages in openrc-doc,
look at existing /etc/init.d scripts than write one yourself and
contribute it to alpine (see
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Creating_an_Alpine_package).
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)