Subject: [alpine-user] Alpine 3.4.0 Xen error

From: Sunil Obj <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2016 06:59:33 +0000

I am trying to boot alpine 3.4.0 as a domU VM on Xen 4.6.0.

This is working on alpine 3.3.3 perfectly.
I followed this:
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Create_Alpine_Linux_PV_DomU
for both 3.3.3 and 3.4.0.

When I do

xl -v create /etc/xen/vdns-before.cfg -c

I get errors. The VM aborts before I can get into the console.

Here is the error:

libxl: error: libxl_dom.c:37:libxl__domain_type: unable to get domain type
for domid=35
xl: unable to exec console client: No such file or directory
libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus: console child
[14207] exited with error status 1

Here are the files, please take a look at the xl_create.log file:
https://gist.github.com/SunilObj/4c32f1007301b896d3127bd1316a283b

Here I am using alpine-virt-3.4.0 but I get the same error for
alpine-3.4.0.

Thank you!