Subject: [alpine-user] lbu and read-only usb media

From: Steve Molin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 07:27:43 -0700

Alpine looks like just the distro I've been searching for, but I'm
running into trouble using Diskless Mode: on two out of three systems
I've tried it on, I get "mkdir: can't create directory
'/media/usb/cache': Read-only file system"

Steps to reproduce:

1. use dd to write alpine-standard-3.9.0-x86_64.iso to microsd card in
a USB adapter
2. move adapter with card to target machine and boot
3. login with user "root" and empty password
4. run "lbu commit usb" and observer error shown above

These are all common Dell consumer-grade models; the newest one is the
only one that works. Unfortunately the one that works doesn't have
room for two drives, which I need for my project (small server with
RAID). Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

p.s. on the Alpine wiki, the "Forums" is a broken link to
https://forum.alpinelinux.org/forum

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---