Subject: can't access xbindykeys package on my pi - can't figure out why

From: Tom Gwyn Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:45:20 +1100

Hi Folks,

I'm loving alpine Linux on my Raspberry Pi and have successfully installed
several packages, however when I try to install xbindkeys I get the
following error:

apk add xbindkeys
fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/main/armhf/APKINDEX.tar.gz
ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
  xbindkeys (missing):
    required by: world[xbindkeys]

Any suggestions? I'm pretty sure this package should be available to my for
the pi architecture?
https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/packages?name=xbindkeys&branch=edge&arch=armhf

cheers,

Tom

---

From: Daniel Kulesz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:11:18 +0200

Hi Tom,

xbindkeys is only available from the community repositories, and I assume they are not enabled by default. Add the following line to /etc/apk/repositories (assuming you are on 3.10):

http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.10/community

Then just:

apk update
apk add xbindkeys

Cheers, Daniel

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:45:20 +1100