~alpine/users

1

can't access xbindykeys package on my pi - can't figure out why

Tom Gwyn Edwards <tommyrot@gmail.com>
<CAK8Bq-Ty+vP7wzWsLA9ObQ3obnHa+6gXzw589DiXmpQzrm8Rjw@mail.gmail.com>
Hi Folks,

I'm loving alpine Linux on my Raspberry Pi and have successfully installed
several packages, however when I try to install xbindkeys I get the
following error:

apk add xbindkeys
fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/main/armhf/APKINDEX.tar.gz
ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
  xbindkeys (missing):
    required by: world[xbindkeys]

Any suggestions? I'm pretty sure this package should be available to my for
the pi architecture?
https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/packages?name=xbindkeys&branch=edge&arch=armhf

cheers,

Tom
<20191012131118.1a216785a48df0d615edc9ab@googlemail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAK8Bq-Ty+vP7wzWsLA9ObQ3obnHa+6gXzw589DiXmpQzrm8Rjw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hi Tom,

xbindkeys is only available from the community repositories, and I assume they are not enabled by default. Add the following line to /etc/apk/repositories (assuming you are on 3.10):

http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.10/community

Then just:

apk update
apk add xbindkeys

Cheers, Daniel

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:45:20 +1100
Tom Gwyn Edwards <tommyrot@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm loving alpine Linux on my Raspberry Pi and have successfully installed
> several packages, however when I try to install xbindkeys I get the
> following error:
>
> apk add xbindkeys
> fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/main/armhf/APKINDEX.tar.gz
> ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
>   xbindkeys (missing):
>     required by: world[xbindkeys]
>
> Any suggestions? I'm pretty sure this package should be available to my for
> the pi architecture?
> https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/packages?name=xbindkeys&branch=edge&arch=armhf
>
> cheers,
>
> Tom