~alpine/users

2 2

What is the outlook around having podman in the main release ?

Banibrata Dutta <banibrata.dutta@gmail.com>
<CALODqpoSAO4WF7E0J7VJV5W8cJVwvtOmAtwK=ASDCe_-QEySfQ@mail.gmail.com>

Noticed that podman and podman-compose are available in the 'edge' branch
but wondering if there is a plan to have it added to the main release line
? Is there any timeline ?

regards,
BD
Banibrata Dutta <banibrata.dutta@gmail.com>
<CALODqpqV02Jj=GmRPQhnhP7Liy6SLoNM7rAUXM-Yi5SswQd+Mg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CALODqpoSAO4WF7E0J7VJV5W8cJVwvtOmAtwK=ASDCe_-QEySfQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Also, is there anyway to add only podman and podman-compose on Alpine 3.13,
without letting all dependency-hell break loose ? I suppose not, but
checking in case someone has figured out a safeway to use SW from edge.

regards,
BD

--
regards,
Banibrata

For now you can install abuild on your target machine and build those
packages locally.

1. https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 7:39 PM Banibrata Dutta
<banibrata.dutta@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, is there anyway to add only podman and podman-compose on Alpine 3.13, without letting all dependency-hell break loose ? I suppose not, but checking in case someone has figured out a safeway to use SW from edge.
>
> regards,
> BD
>
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 10:07 PM Banibrata Dutta <banibrata.dutta@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Noticed that podman and podman-compose are available in the 'edge' branch but wondering if there is a plan to have it added to the main release line ? Is there any timeline ?
>>
>> regards,
>> BD
>

> --
> regards,