~alpine/users

1

Anyway to grow mounted filesystem (alpine 3.13.5)

Banibrata Dutta <banibrata.dutta@gmail.com>
<CALODqppi=1AN+ksQgv4cJhRNaxJXfX3MX=O8t_5jnXhfHzQQfw@mail.gmail.com>

Have an alpine 3.13.5 VM (on KVM) that is acting as my private docker
registry but has run out of disk space. I know how to grow the qcow2 disk
image to create more space s.t. the partition can be expanded. I know how
to do this using something like cfdisk tool. However, this doesn't prep the
filesystem to expand to the expanded partition, right ? Any suggestions on
how to go about it ?

regards,
<16584AED-7B19-4BF7-BC2B-607E2902C1FA@tower-net.de>
In-Reply-To
<CALODqppi=1AN+ksQgv4cJhRNaxJXfX3MX=O8t_5jnXhfHzQQfw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Am 28. Mai 2022 18:10:03 UTC schrieb Banibrata Dutta <banibrata.dutta@gmail.com>:
>Hi,
>
>Have an alpine 3.13.5 VM (on KVM) that is acting as my private docker
>registry but has run out of disk space. I know how to grow the qcow2 disk
>image to create more space s.t. the partition can be expanded. I know how
>to do this using something like cfdisk tool. However, this doesn't prep the
>filesystem to expand to the expanded partition, right ? Any suggestions on
>how to go about it ?
>
>regards,

how is it installed/docker image created?
Some/most filesystems can expand in mounted state with its utils like https://linux.die.net/man/8/resize2fs.
Hope it helps.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)