Subject: Re: why gtkglext are not in the repositories?

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:27:13 -0400

you can't cover the sun with a finger .. what do you want? me to say soft
and pretty?

Who can think that deleting a package must due a guy "said" that "nobody
uses it",

he ask someone if that package were using it? linux distributions only
deletes a package if there a orphaned or are unmantained..

why the rest of the packages are not deleted.. there many many more that
"seems are not used"! piff

do it what ever you want..  its noted!

El lun., 27 de ene. de 2020 a la(s) 19:20, Drew DeVault ([email-masked])
escribió:

> There is nothing that Alpine could or could not support which would
> justify the level of incredulity you're displaying. It's not about the
> discussion itself, it's how you're conducting yourself.
>

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 11:10:21 +0100

Hi PICCORO,

Look, you cannot come here and demand us to work for you and insult us
when we refuse or when you disagree with an decision made.

You asked us to do your homework and research the git log for you why
gtkglext was removed. You should have done that work yourself, but I
did it for you. You didn't thank anyone for that.

When commit message says "no consumers" it means that no package in
our repository uses it. A quick look at it tells me that it is only for
gtk2 and that it is no longer maintained. There seem to be some
activity to port it to gtk3 but there are no activity the last 8 years.

Package was also orphaned in commit commit 2e508d7528ca (orphan all of
my packages), so it was officially orphaned Tue Mar 26 02:36:42 2019
-0500

So it is pretty much abandoned, unmaintained software, and removing it
seems like a good thing to do.

If this piece of software is important to you, then you could have
offered help us maintain it for us, or you could have asked kindly if
someone else wanted to maintain it for you.

But come here and demand stuff and insult the developers is simply not
acceptable. If you refuse to behave and treat the volunteers with
proper respect, then we kindly ask you to leave.

-nc

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:27:13 -0400