Subject: setup ssh no give me access, unknow option UsePAM

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 17:00:18 -0400

i setup openssh, created an user and uncomment "UsePAM" to yes in the
sshd_config file (as the only change)

when i try to get access pasword fails always, i created the user with:

apk add tsch

adduser --uid 888 --home /users/daru --shell /bin/csh normaluser

what it happened?

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

---

From: "Ariadne Conill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 21:13:42 +0000

Hello,

January 24, 2020 3:00 PM, "PICCORO McKAY Lenz" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> i setup openssh, created an user and uncomment "UsePAM" to yes in the sshd_config file (as the only
> change)
> 

Alpine's openssh package does not support PAM.  Also, you must set
a password in order to allow the user to log in remotely.

Ariadne

---

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 17:21:41 -0400

> a password in order to allow the user to log in remotely.

seem there's a bug.. the problem are the buggy tsch package or well:

https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/contents?file=&path=&name=tcsh&branch=v3.11&repo=community&arch=x86

said csh are valid and part of the package as valid shell

but seems does not listed in the /etc/shells file..  ony tcsh

so when a user try to login dropbear or openssh said: "not valid shel" but
do not put into the default as "/bin/sh", only the remote admin can see the
error at the log files..

this are a problem due failt of one package, i'll report as a bug !  du i
used: "adduser --uid 888 --home /users/daru --shell /bin/csh normaluser"
that are a valid command due are csh listed in the package as valid shel

---

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:02:31 -0400

fixed in apports Issue was closed by Milan P_ Stanić via commit
159a17e60debbce446df4ffdc4009355b40c8c27

BUT now why openssh are not build with PAM support?