Subject: TDE desktop added support for muslc.. able to build in alpine

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 11:24:24 -0400

The Trinity Desktop Environment (TDE) <https://www.trinitydesktop.org/>
released TDE R14.0.7 version, the mayor feature are that compiles in alpine
linux due recent support to Muslc <https://www.musl-libc.org/>... as
complete software desktop environment designed for Unix-like operating
systems, offers all the features of heavyweight desktops but fits in all
low end computers.. it's so light as xfce4 inclusively as like LXDE desktop.

My idea are that due XFce4 are not in main now, a default desktop could be
Trinity, due are not systemd related and also has all the required features
of a heavy counterpars desktop but are so light as xfce4 inclusively more
than..as https://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com/2020/01/new-tde-desktop-must-be-default-for.html

This will benefice both projects, i proposed same idea to Devuan in the
telegram group that does not used systemd and uses openrc like Alpine linux.

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

---

From: "Drew DeVault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 10:26:23 -0500

Presently there are no Alpine Linux images which are pre-fabbed for a
desktop system. IMO this is desirable, I don't think it makes sense for
Alpine to have a "default" desktop. Maybe downstream spins like
postmarketOS can tackle this problem.

---

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 11:46:09 -0400

El lun., 20 de ene. de 2020 a la(s) 11:26, Drew DeVault ([email-masked])
escribió:

> desktop system.

that's not a secret! there's no desktop good choice in alpine! that's why i
posted this mail ! right?

> IMO this is desirable, I don't think it makes sense for
> Alpine to have a "default" desktop.

well taking in consideration that desktop choices on alpine linux are
incomplete (due related systemd) and not all LXDE related packages are
available, i think seems you are very out of sync with that sentence..

alpine linux starts with Xfce4 as the only desktop so all users assumed was
the default.. now was moved to contrib right?

> Maybe downstream spins like

postmarketOS depends on alpine so alpine must take a position! and then
must to sync work with postmarketOS

in any case as i said.. must join effors..