Subject: why the wiki page promotes usage of sudo and also use grups

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 09:43:33 -0400

in the wiki page
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Creating_an_Alpine_package
it said that use that "thing" of sudo.. so why the complication about
groups?

so this is official or is forced to? I mean can we avoid.. cos i try to
package GAMBAS and seems this is irresponsible to promote a thing that is a
crap in security!

sudo is a horrible creature that makes the groups means nothing..
Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

---

From: Ariadne Conill <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 08:35:27 -0600

Hello,

> it said that use that "thing" of sudo.. so why the complication about

Groups and package users have to be created in the build environment in order 
to ensure that the generated package has correct UIDs and GIDs when installed 
on the target.  This is because apk-tools needs to know which files will belong 
to the new user/group.

> sudo is a horrible creature that makes the groups means nothing..

abuild has not used sudo for a very long time.

Ariadne

---

From: PICCORO McKAY Lenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 14:30:18 -0400

Ok, thanks for the clarification.  so that wiki page are super-ou-of-date
puff so much work to do in the wiki of alpine.. thanks !