~alpine/users

6 2

[alpine-user] how to package with debootstrap or somethig similar? wiki does not are updated

PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com>
<CALci+FQccWMQSrKoHJFp66yWpK9vy_3VK6S2AvO0iWuUnkKg1A@mail.gmail.com>
clear enought:

how to package with debootstrap or somethig similar? wiki does not are
updated!

i made packages very well but using my current daily system.. i want to use
a chroot deboostrap system like debian does?

how to do that?

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
Marco Dickert <marco@misterunknown.de>
<20190604080550.GB26077@marco.themis.pinknet.de>
In-Reply-To
<CALci+FQccWMQSrKoHJFp66yWpK9vy_3VK6S2AvO0iWuUnkKg1A@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On 2019-06-03 20:56:58, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
> how to package with debootstrap or somethig similar? wiki does not are
> updated!

I use lxc containers for package building. AFAIK the official alpine
repositories are also created using LXC containers.

> i made packages very well but using my current daily system.. i want to use a
> chroot deboostrap system like debian does?

Of course you can use a chroot environment, too. Check this wiki article [1].

[1] https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Installing_Alpine_Linux_in_a_chroot

--
Marco Dickert
marco@misterunknown.de
marco@misterunknown.de) escribió:

> On 2019-06-03 20:56:58, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
> I use lxc containers for package building. AFAIK the official alpine
> repositories are also created using LXC containers.

HOW?  whre's its the receipt? thanks in advance!

> Of course you can use a chroot environment, too. Check this wiki article
> [1].
>
> [1] https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Installing_Alpine_Linux_in_a_chroot

after finish to made every package the chrot its contamined.. we need a
debootstrap clean environment and automatized way?

also wiki are several out of date (as always)

> --
> Marco Dickert
> marco@misterunknown.de
> https://misterunknown.de

PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com>
<CALci+FQHcAbTZZhnzQgk44LA1HabPxcDNTGk33MyCOcvz9iuoA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20190605100751.GA26967@marco.themis.pinknet.de> (view parent)
El mié., 5 de jun. de 2019 a la(s) 06:07, Marco Dickert (
marco@misterunknown.de) escribió:

> There is no step-by-step tutorial. You can use these [1] instructions to
> set up
> an alpine container and this [2] page to create the build environment.

OK thanks for the response... my intentions was try to find something
similar to debootstrap
so then refine and made omething like open suse build service...
but seems alpine are so far away from automaton tools
and will be a hard task to do...

> [1] https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/LXC
> [2]
> https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Creating_an_Alpine_package#Setup_your_system_and_account
>
> > after finish to made every package the chrot its contamined.. we need a
> > debootstrap clean environment and automatized way?
>
> Hm, I don't really know what you mean, since abuild purges all
> depencencies it
> installed after building the package.
>
> However, if you use LVM-based LXC containers, you can use LVM snapshots to
> keep
> the environment clean.
>
> > also wiki are several out of date (as always)
>
> Feel free to improve the wiki yourself.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Marco Dickert
> marco@misterunknown.de
> https://misterunknown.de

PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com>
<CALci+FRNmY6RDe_LCr3+k1nx_QhfFviDDUQkhnzwLOeQLAJnqg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20190605115552.GC26967@marco.themis.pinknet.de> (view parent)
El mié., 5 de jun. de 2019 a la(s) 07:55, Marco Dickert (
marco@misterunknown.de) escribió:

> If that is too much for you, you could even make use of Docker to create
> your
> own build service. It is indeed a bit of work to do, but I don't see how
> the

maybe a auto docker script.. that's sound better.. puff yeah if a bit of
work..

thanks..

> alpine toolchain isn't sufficient to do so.

currently are not anought but well i'll try to change and provide feedback

<CALci+FS0OjfFunCa48cYojiFEYPRzFaxhZJ-y2Tz-C=wvBfq2Q@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)

<CALci+FQHcAbTZZhnzQgk44LA1HabPxcDNTGk33MyCOcvz9iuoA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On 2019-06-05 07:04:47, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
> OK thanks for the response... my intentions was try to find something
> similar to debootstrap
> so then refine and made omething like open suse build service...
> but seems alpine are so far away from automaton tools
> and will be a hard task to do...

Well, I don't see the problem. You have apk.static which provides basically what
debootstrap does. It can be easily automated with a bit of scripting.

If that is too much for you, you could even make use of Docker to create your
own build service. It is indeed a bit of work to do, but I don't see how the
alpine toolchain isn't sufficient to do so.

--
Marco Dickert
marco@misterunknown.de
https://misterunknown.de