~alpine/users

Re: Alpine Linux question

PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard@gmail.com>
<CALci+FSvc9gVKzSBtZyX6h9DFbHR8Cu_GC4BdbU_EWV8=mMZFw@mail.gmail.com>
El lun., 10 de feb. de 2020 a la(s) 12:02, Ing. Jiri Ullmann
(jullmann@post.cz) escribió:
> Hello Lenz, yes, this happen only with Alpine Linux. In that UEFI setup is except of boot order nothing to configure and

AS i guess, there are some UEFI have the option of disabling the safe
boot but there's small ones that really it have a pseudo option, which
does not disable it completely as in the case of the last magellanic
minilaptops (canaimites) from Argentina and Venezuela...

> harddrive I have on the first upper position, so it should work. But there is no record about UEFI file to boot.

https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Alpine_and_UEFI#Notes_about_the_boot_flags_and_boot_partition

AS you said.. boot relies on the partitions scheme as i write in the
wiki (the only man that takes the most important taks to avoid those
problems of miscinformation)

BUT: https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Alpine_and_UEFI#What.27s_this_infamous_.22Secure_Boot.22.3F

as i tell you there's some that have a speudo option.. in those
"magallanes" mini laptops i must only can install winbuntu, debian and
guinddd.. argggg dos..

that due need  a very specific corret scheme partition with a specific
firmware files as explained here
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Alpine_and_UEFI#Alpine_disk_layout_for_UEFI

IT's har to do that i understant you, but are very bad when developer
dont write their documentations and users must guess all the things

Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)