Subject: Is there a protocol for reaching out to a conributor?

From: Benson Margulies <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 08:37:30 -0700

The bazel package
https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/package/edge/testing/x86_64/bazel needs an
update one of these days. Is there a polite way to ping the person who
contributed it? There's no contact link on the listing

---

From: Konstantin Kulikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 21:52:15 +0300

> contributed it? There's no contact link on the listing

It's best to create MR with update yourself, if you're able to.

People come and go, they have no obligations to support stuff they're no 
longer interested in.

---

From: Benson Margulies <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 11:55:49 -0700

Sure; in this case I was looking for more information about how it was
done, and I'm in contact with him, and all is well.

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 11:38:43 +0100

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 08:37:30 -0700

> contributed it? There's no contact link on the listing

You can use the "Flag" button on the same webpage. It will send a
notification to the maintainer that package is outdated.

-nc

---

From: Rasmus Thomsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 12:59:58 +0100

On Tue, 2020-03-17 at 08:37 -0700, Benson Margulies wrote:
> The bazel package 
> https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/package/edge/testing/x86_64/bazel needs
> an update one of these days. Is there a polite way to ping the person
> who contributed it? There's no contact link on the listing

FWIW there's already a MR for bazel which is currently stalled due to
the build being broken on CI, see: 
https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/merge_requests/3803.