Subject: Missing X fonts when running a GUI program over a tunneled X connection

From: Parke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 20:55:12 +0000

Hello,

I have installed a minimal version of Alpine on a remote system.  I
have also installed the "audacious" package.  Notably, Xorg is not
installed on the remote server.

When I run Audacious remotely over a tunneled connection to my local
desktop Xorg server, the Audacious window lacks fonts.  (See
screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/IK47E63 )

Can anyone suggest a way to figure out which packages I should install
on the remote system so that Audacious has the fonts it needs?

Thanks!

Parke

---

From: Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 14:32:10 +0200

Hello,

> on the remote system so that Audacious has the fonts it needs?

You could just try some from https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Fonts,
I personally use ttf-dejavu. Hope that helps.

W.

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.