Subject: [alpine-user] Wiki ? 3.8 edge testing

From: Fungi4All <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 08:16:45 -0400

While I was writing my first message 3.8 was being released.
The wiki is not clear or I didn't find the right page.
The repositories I had were 5, initially I had the two lines of 3.7 enabled.
Should the fist lines be commented out when uncommenting the 2 edge repositories, or do they stay togather?
Same question for testing, is it enabled on top of edge and on top of stable?
I had the 2 3.7 commented, and edge and testing enabled, all upgraded well and everything seem to run.
os-release changed to 3.8.  But repositories file had to be edited by hand, so I switched 3.7 to 3.8 and run upgrade with all 5 enabled.  Nothing to upgrade.
Still everything seem to be working fine, but am I doing it wrong?

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Paul Zillmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 15:41:02 +0200

Hello Fungi,

edge is the master branch - so edge is always newer than the tagged 
releases.
That's why there is nothing to upgrade - because you are beyond the 3.8 
release anyway.

The testing repository can be enabled both on top of stable and on top 
of edge.

Paul

---