~alpine/users

3 3

Increasing size of / in diskless mode?

<Vhk5VSEFhMx1IEngCY3a_vbTrdIg3U_SFo9nb5o9NtyIMWbNA8r-RGU0Y6QOPBCTzbEsRQaMjsxoBlLZnGimv9AbY68I2iGIIOJbQ-hCeuE=@protonmail.com>

In diskless mode total amount of RAM is equally split between / and
/dev/shm. How do I increase size of / and reduce size of /dev/shm?

Regards,
Mogens Jensen
<20200918023606.5wsrtzr2qbyainky@arch>
In-Reply-To
<Vhk5VSEFhMx1IEngCY3a_vbTrdIg3U_SFo9nb5o9NtyIMWbNA8r-RGU0Y6QOPBCTzbEsRQaMjsxoBlLZnGimv9AbY68I2iGIIOJbQ-hCeuE=@protonmail.com> (view parent)

Maybe `mount -o remount,size=2G /`?

Regards,
Ivan Tham

<20200918075034.2559487f@ncopa-desktop.lan>
In-Reply-To
<Vhk5VSEFhMx1IEngCY3a_vbTrdIg3U_SFo9nb5o9NtyIMWbNA8r-RGU0Y6QOPBCTzbEsRQaMjsxoBlLZnGimv9AbY68I2iGIIOJbQ-hCeuE=@protonmail.com> (view parent)
On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 17:34:52 +0000
Mogens Jensen <mogens-jensen@protonmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In diskless mode total amount of RAM is equally split between / and
> /dev/shm. How do I increase size of / and reduce size of /dev/shm?

You increase the size of / with the boot option `rootflags=size=...`

For /dev/shm, I'm not sure.

<abJjfWqHMwUcJ5IT2tOKWut88kZtt6mM2V1UDgVMgpbodtkdl0bbtby6JDJl7UYdyqTXgcLczVFFR_bntqt_ZIoLxS7dhIuiA88h1ur4nWk=@protonmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<Vhk5VSEFhMx1IEngCY3a_vbTrdIg3U_SFo9nb5o9NtyIMWbNA8r-RGU0Y6QOPBCTzbEsRQaMjsxoBlLZnGimv9AbY68I2iGIIOJbQ-hCeuE=@protonmail.com> (view parent)
Thanks. Both methods works. To achieve what I want, one can add this to
fstab:

tmpfs    /           tmpfs    size=90%                        0 0
tmpfs    /dev/shm    tmpfs    size=10%,nosuid,nodev,noexec    0 0

Regards,
Mogens Jensen
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)