Subject: [alpine-user] Cannot boot Alpine from USB stick

From: Nick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 19:16:01 +0300

Hi!

Trying to set up Alpine. dd-ed the iso image into USB stick but can not  
boot from it getting just a grub prompt. The reason is that grub can  
see only one efi partition (a smaller one).
Parted reports that whole disk is of type iso9660 and cannot see any  
partition at all while fdisk shows that

/dev/sdk1  *                0 212991  212992   104M             0 Empty
/dev/sdk2                 280   3159    2880   1.4M            ef EFI  
(FAT-12/16/32)

Linux mounts /dev/sdk1 as iso 9660, too and all files are visible.

I suppose something wrong with the format (probably iso is not a hybrid  
one). How can I eventually boot the Alpine linux?

Thanks,

Nick

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---