Subject: LDAP client configuration

From: Gilles Miribel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 11:09:42 +0100

Hi ,

I have installed Alpine OS.
I have configured LDAP/Automount on this VMs.
But I can`t connect with ldap users on Alpine VMs.
After a lot of investigation , I see that we don`t have any 
/etc/nsswitch.conf file (and nss packages ....)
Do you know , if is it possible to use ldap , for authentification on 
Alpine VMs. ?
Do you know if is it also possible to use /etc/nsswitch.conf for resolve 
the hostname (hosts files:dns) ?
Do you know if /etc/nsswitch.conf work on Alpine OS ?

Thanks.

Gilles MIRIBEL

---

From: Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 03:50:17 +0100

Hello,

On 2021-02-18 11:09:42 +0100, Gilles Miribel wrote:
> Do you know , if is it possible to use ldap , for authentification on Alpine
> VMs. ?
> Do you know if is it also possible to use /etc/nsswitch.conf for resolve the
> hostname (hosts files:dns) ?

Alpine (musl) does not use nsswitch.conf as far as I know. There is
musl-nscd package, however I've never tried it so I do not know if it
will solve your problems or not.

W.

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.