~alpine/users

1

apkovl on ZFS

Filippo Valsorda <filippo@ml.filippo.io>
<b8bf2ca7-f191-4aa4-a39f-b01347d8f519@www.fastmail.com>
Hello,

I am wondering if an apkovl can be loaded from a ZFS filesystem.

Looking at the source of nlplug-findfs I can see that it can find a ZFS rootfs,
but can't tell how and which ZFS filesystems would reach scandev().

Essentially, I'm trying to figure out if one can run a diskless setup with only
ZFS for LBU storage.

Thank you,
Filippo
Konstantin Kulikov <k.kulikov2@gmail.com>
<CAD+eXGQdLx+MurwzwAsgCxs3FTps5Ms279dXrQ_S-yak=by56w@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<b8bf2ca7-f191-4aa4-a39f-b01347d8f519@www.fastmail.com> (view parent)
I don't think apkovl on zfs is supported.
nlplugfs is also used when you specify root=something to wait for root
device, but it doesn't call scandev in that case at all.

Also you can add "debug_init=1" to kernel command-line to see what
init and nlplug are actually doing.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 7:34 AM Filippo Valsorda <filippo@ml.filippo.io> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if an apkovl can be loaded from a ZFS filesystem.
>
> Looking at the source of nlplug-findfs I can see that it can find a ZFS rootfs,
> but can't tell how and which ZFS filesystems would reach scandev().
>
> Essentially, I'm trying to figure out if one can run a diskless setup with only
> ZFS for LBU storage.
>
> Thank you,
> Filippo
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)