Subject: issue compiling libstagefright of ArcticFox on Alpine 64bit

From: Riccardo Mottola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2025 22:16:32 +0200

Hi,

I am unable to compile ArcticFox on amd64 Alpine Linux. It fails

65:34.45 In file included from 
/home/multix/code/Arctic-Fox/media/libstagefright/frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/include/MPEG4Extractor.h:23, 

65:34.45                  from 
/home/multix/code/Arctic-Fox/media/libstagefright/binding/MP4Metadata.cpp:5, 

65:34.45                  from 
/home/multix/code/Arctic-Fox/obj-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/media/libstagefright/Unified_cpp_media_libstagefright0.cpp:65: 

65:34.45 
/home/multix/code/Arctic-Fox/media/libstagefright/frameworks/av/include/media/stagefright/DataSource.h: 
At global scope:
65:34.45 
/home/multix/code/Arctic-Fox/media/libstagefright/frameworks/av/include/media/stagefright/DataSource.h:43:28: 
error: 'off64_t' has not been declared
65:34.45    43 |     virtual ssize_t readAt(off64_t offset, void *data, 
size_t size) = 0;
65:34.45       | ^~~~~~~
65:34.46 
/home/multix/code/Arctic-Fox/media/libstagefright/frameworks/av/include/media/stagefright/DataSource.h:46:20: 
error: 'off64_t' has not been declared
65:34.46    46 |     bool getUInt16(off64_t offset, uint16_t *x);
65:34.46       |                    ^~~~~~~

does this error look familiar to you? I expect that Firefox 52 or so 
might have the same issue. Maybe you had a local patch or a fix on 
bugzilla I might import?

to track this on AF:
https://github.com/rmottola/Arctic-Fox/issues/270

Riccardo

---

From: "Achill Gilgenast" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2025 22:20:24 +0200

> 65:34.45    43 |     virtual ssize_t readAt(off64_t offset, void *data, 

DataSource.h needs a "#include <sys/types.h>" since thats what provides
off64_t.