Subject: [alpine-user] Problems with date and timezone in alpine

From: HL <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 14:50:48 +0300

Hi,

I've found a problem on my alpine 3.7 install.

After trying to send logs from alpine box to graylog I sadly realized 
that the timestamp of my logs is not the correct system time

I am starting busybox syslogd with

-Z -D -L -R 192.168.1.61:9514

-R is the remote graylog server ip + port

/etc/localtime is pointed to my timezone /etc/zoneinfo/Europe/Athens

and /etc/TZ contains 'Europe/Athens',

hwclock returns the correct localtime

while date returns the correct current local time,  logs in 
/var/log/messages  show a -1 hour timestamp

I've tried to remove the -Z option end ended up with UTC timestamps in 
my logs that is -3 Hours.

Is there a way to correct all this mess ??

Thank's your replies

Regards,

Harry

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---