~alpine/users

2 2

Updates

<wb78db6zxFGAsAv58NxobLUUkEBjZJwhFdSwoIZeBoVRUusXddtXUYm9WrMiqAoJzG2peXBG8VmJ4EnhgqVreJAuiWBrB2xvKfThMOKVrPA=@protonmail.com>
Ok, this is a long overdue response; my bad. So I decided to say screw it to Linux and such and am instead building my own OS. I have been working on a bunch of programs and making them as small as possible and as simple as possible with the help of my buddy. If you are interested src tree is here and a list of completed programs is here.

https://gitlab.com/Puffles_the_Dragon/core-software/-/tree/master/src

https://gitlab.com/Puffles_the_Dragon/core-project/-/blob/master/audit.md
<87v9o9rvc5.fsf@ungleich.ch>
In-Reply-To
<wb78db6zxFGAsAv58NxobLUUkEBjZJwhFdSwoIZeBoVRUusXddtXUYm9WrMiqAoJzG2peXBG8VmJ4EnhgqVreJAuiWBrB2xvKfThMOKVrPA=@protonmail.com> (view parent)
You might want to make sure that your scripts are IPv6 compatible, if
you start fresh right now.

Cheers,

Nico

--
Modern, affordable, Swiss Virtual Machines. Visit www.datacenterlight.ch
Marco Dickert <marco@misterunknown.de>
On 2020-02-14 16:05:46, PufflestheDragon wrote:
> Ok, this is a long overdue response; my bad. So I decided to say screw
> it to Linux and such and am instead building my own OS.

Um, what do you exactly mean by that? Do you still use the linux kernel?
Or do you only want to reimplement the coreutils?

> I have been working on a bunch of programs and making them as small as
> possible and as simple as possible with the help of my buddy. If you
> are interested src tree is here and a list of completed programs is
> here.

Ok, and what is exactly the purpose of writing these tools from scratch?
Learning how to do it? If I'm looking on your "implementation" of `cat`
I see this:
```
#!/bin/sh

cat() {
    sed -n 'p' "$file"
}

for file in "$@"
do
    cat "$file"
done
```
What should that be? Do you want to reimplement `sed` youself, too? What
about the POSIX standard? What about cat-ting STDIN?
```
$ cat > file <<EOF
> foo
> bar