Re: [alpine-devel] vsgrsec kernel problem

From: Michael Mason <ms13sp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 17:31:24 +0000

I tried it on more hardware. Tried disabling acpi.

vsgrsec-cd noacpi
vsgrsec-cd acpi=off
vsgrsec-cd pci=noacpi

All physical computers I have tried it on seem ok except the HP
server. I was able to get some screen shots of the errors that it is
giving.
Still having problems with Qemu also.

On Sep 4, 2008, at 12:26 PM, Michael Mason wrote:

> Alpine 1.7.21. Was doing some testing now that the cciss driver is
> working.
>
> If all you have to do is
>
> vsgrsec-cd noacpi
>
> then yes.
>
> But I guess that is not the way to do it because I just tried it
> under older hardware, doesn't know about acpi, and it worked fine.
> Your help is appreciated.
>

> On Sep 4, 2008, at 8:29 AM, Natanael Copa wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 21:08 +0000, Michael Mason wrote:
>>> This is from a qemu box. I had a similar problem on a physical
>>> box. It
>>> seemed to bomb after the cciss or acpi modules got loaded.
>>
>> what alpine verion is it?
>>
>> what happen if you add a noacpi boot param?
>>
>> -nc

Picture_1.png
(image/png attachment: Picture_1.png)

Picture_2.png