Re: [alpine-devel] Suggestion to accept only whitelisted archs on APKBUILD arch= field

From: William Pitcock <nenolod_at_dereferenced.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 20:30:01 -0500

Hello,

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 8:03 PM, Tmp File <tmpfile_at_mail.com> wrote:
> Alpiners,
>
> I suggest abuild stops to accept anything as an architecture.
> Instead it should only accept a few whitelisted strings (x86 x86_64 armhf aarch64 ppc64le s390x noarch).

NAK. We want to allow third parties to use abuild for architectures
we may not necessarily support upstream.

> This will prevent errors like setting unsupported archs.
> https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/blob/master/main/yaboot/APKBUILD#L8

powerpc arch is supported by abuild, we are just not presently
building it, as the hardware I had for it failed.
Although we may use ppc32 instead to be more in line with the ppc64le
nomenclature.

> And also help with typos.
> https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/commit/58a2da0b213c969c00c1014552992c415f7a6610

William