[alpine-devel] Easy build using docker (was: Proposal: Multi-Arch matrix builds on travis-ci)

From: Michael Wyraz <michael_at_wyraz.de>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 09:09:19 +0200

Hello devs,

to allow easy building of packages for different archs, i have put
everthing that is required into docker images and wrote a small wrapper
script. Please have a look into it and let me know what you think about it.

My primary goal was to enable everyone who wants to contribute to alpine
to checkout the aports, do some changes and test-build it locally with
minimal effort.

The wrapper script is at
https://gist.github.com/micw/87756e35d744e6784ce8d8c66e2619cb - it can
be put into the aports root directory and can simply be called with arch
and package.

Docker images for the first 2 arches are
https://hub.docker.com/r/micwy/aport-builder-x86_64/ and
https://hub.docker.com/r/micwy/aport-builder-armhf/ .

If you find this usefull, I'll document it a bit more, fine-tune the
wrapper script and create a PR to add it to the aports.

Regards,

Michael.