Re: [alpine-devel] Easy build using docker (was: Proposal: Multi-Arch matrix builds on travis-ci)

From: Tiago Ilieve <tiago.myhro_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 11:09:02 +0200

Hi Michael,

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 at 09:10, Michael Wyraz <michael_at_wyraz.de> wrote:

> Hello devs,
>
> to allow easy building of packages for different archs, i have put
> everthing that is required into docker images and wrote a small wrapper
> script. Please have a look into it and let me know what you think about it.
>
> My primary goal was to enable everyone who wants to contribute to alpine
> to checkout the aports, do some changes and test-build it locally with
> minimal effort.

It's interesting that you mentioned it, because yesterday I worked on
a similar project: https://github.com/myhro/alpine-builder

The only difference is that it doesn't support multiple architectures,
neither it relies on a shared image. But the goal is exactly the same
you described.

I have been doing Alpine packaging for less than a week, but already
seen how much easier the process can be when you use disposable build
environments.

Regards,
Tiago.

--