[alpine-devel] RFC: Project goals and guiding principles

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 09:40:36 +0100

Hi!

We would like to revise and formalize how we are organized. The current
way we are written in those two emails:

https://lists.alpinelinux.org/alpine-devel/6024.html
https://lists.alpinelinux.org/alpine-devel/6025.html

Before we start discuss specific rules I would like to get some sort of
consensus of the bigger picture, the project goals and guiding
principles. Since this affects everyone involved in the project I
invite everyone to comment.

Even short responses with "ACK" is helpful.

This is the current proposal:

== Project Goals
- To build and maintain an independent, non-commercial, general purpose
  Linux distribution designed for power users who appreciate security,
  simplicity and resource efficiency.
- To maintain a friendly and productive community within.

=== Guiding Principles
- Build a community based on mutual trust, responsibility, and respect
- Prevent and respond to abuses of power without disrupting the project
- Empower motivated people to effect change and progress
- Do the right thing over doing the written thing

Thanks!