Re: [alpine-devel] RFC: Project goals and guiding principles

From: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen_at_sdaoden.eu>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 21:39:20 +0100

Natanael Copa wrote in <20190329094036.55ea5837_at_ncopa-desktop.copa.dup.pw>:
 |== Project Goals
 |- To build and maintain an independent, non-commercial, general purpose
 | Linux distribution designed for power users who appreciate security,
 | simplicity and resource efficiency.

That is totally and completely "cool".

 |- To maintain a friendly and productive community within.

 |=== Guiding Principles
 |- Build a community based on mutual trust, responsibility, and respect
 |- Prevent and respond to abuses of power without disrupting the project
 |- Empower motivated people to effect change and progress

I cannot say anything to that, let alone good. patchwork is
a mess, work of honourable people is laughed about, if i look what
happens to the bmake port. I mean, he has invented veriexec and
other really impressive things, and maintains that over decades.
And it works millions of times a day, or likely even more often.
If a port is not desired, at all or by one person, then it should
be said so.

 |- Do the right thing over doing the written thing

Very nice, very nice.
And even better: a nice weekend

--steffen